We can all help to protect our waterways. Here are 7 tips to protect our waterways from our own backyard!
- Keep your driveway, gutters and paths clear of rubbish.
2. Wash your car at a carwash or on grass rather than on your driveway to keep chemicals out of stormwater drains.
3. Research and choose environmentally friendly pesticides and fertilisers.
4. Rake up leaves and grass clippings, and compost them in your garden.
5. Plant native grass or other native plants on ay bare spots in your yard.
6. Pick up your pet’s droppings and dispose of them in a bin.
7. Direct your downpipes away from paved surfaces into ground that can absorb water, or consider building a rain garden.